Monday, January 19, 2015

Slow and Steady

As I read on in my book, of course it helps me begin to answer my previous questioning; "What does surrendering look like?"

In my journey to grow closer and more intimate with my Abba, I think back to beginning my relationship with my now fiancé. At the beginning of our relationship I cautioned Matt telling him that I need to take things slowly; as to not get overwhelmed or scared in my true fashion. He lovingly accepted this in me and we ventured on slowly. Then I realized all too suddenly that I was completely in love with this amazing man. As we had aired in caution, God was moving our hearts toward each other and molding us together. Before we knew it the slow and steadiness I thought I needed was not as important, I just knew I loved him and that was enough.

I think we learn a lot about God in all He has created. In the nature around us and the people in our lives. I find similarity in my relationship with Matt and my journey as I draw near to intimacy with God. I have found that as I bask in each revelation and concept being placed on my heart, I find that I need to be still and rest in that place for some time. I feel that as I slow down and not rush into things, even with my Abba, I get to experience the love He has for me in an abundant way. I get to really experience Him. I also find He is keeping me encouraged in the little steps we are taking. I can feel myself, quite like my experience with Matt, slowly yet all at once deepening my love with God.

Maybe that's what a small part of surrendering looks like.

-bestillandsmile

No comments:

Post a Comment