Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's Not Just Turkey and Pilgrims (Day 22)

Today (November 22), I am thankful for the life I have been blessed with.
I wish I had the words that could adequately describe to you how blessed I feel. Today is a day we set aside for our family, food, and time to just reflect on all that we are thankful for. That in itself is a blessing. 
A few things I am feeling especially thankful for today...
My family (those related by blood and those related by heart) that I like to call home
My dad who gives the best hugs and most heartfelt 'I love you's'
My little sister who is becoming a dear friend
My brother who I miss, but am incredibly proud of
His sweet girlfriend who we all love
Three best friends that witness my tears, my laughter, my anger and still love me
Two jobs that help pay the bills, but even more, that I enjoy working at
A school where I can grow and learn not only academically, but personally, relationally, and spiritually
The delicious food my family spent the day making (and the time spent together making it)
A God who has my heart, who will never leave me nor forsake me, who loves me for everything I was, am, and will be, and who I can find refuge and peace in when this blessing-of-a-life becomes hard to handle
I could go on for days.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day is full of love and thanksgiving!

God is good.

bestillandsmile

No comments:

Post a Comment